Scope of this notice
Our commitment to privacy
DevAndDev values your privacy. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this Policy explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used and disclosed.
The information we collect
DevAndDev collects personal data when:
- you create a user account;
- you change your profile settings;
The types of personal data collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your username
- your e-mail address;
- any information that DevAndDev collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your system password,
- your IP address,
- your language preference,
- your timezone,
- your programming skills and level,
Publicly available personal data
Some personal data attached to DevAndDev accounts is made public. Specifically:
- your location (if defined),
- your timezone (if defined),
- your website, blog, or other affiliations (if defined).
- your programming skills and level,
If you wish for this information to be kept private, you can remove this information from your account profile.
Using (processing) your personal data
DevAndDev uses the personal data you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- identify and authenticate you;
- answer your questions;
- send you information;
Sharing your personal data
Unless you consent, DevAndDev will never process or share the personal data you provide to us except as described below.
DevAndDev may share your personal data with third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- Your publicly available personal data in the DevAndDev account system, as described above, is accessible by anyone
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
DevAndDev may send you e-mail about your account, to communicate with you about your accounts, or in response to your questions. For your protection, DevAndDev may contact you in the event that we find an issue that requires your immediate attention. DevAndDev processes your personal data in these cases to fulfill and comply with its contractual obligations to you, to provide the services you have requested, and to ensure the security of your account.
Cookies and other browser information
DevAndDev's online services automatically capture IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with our services.
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to provide a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you register or "sign in" and is removed when you "sign out" of our services.
- Keep valid form data, provide errors about invalid form data, generate captcha test against automated spam during "Sign up" process
Our commitment to data security
About links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. DevAndDev does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from devand.dev site. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those sites directly.
Your rights under GDPR in the EEA
Where the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) applies to the processing of your personal data, especially when you access the website from a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the following rights, subject to some limitations, against DevAndDev:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectify the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to erase your personal data;
- The right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- The right to object to our use of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right of data portability); and
- The right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the administrators of the site. Please understand, however, the rights enumerated above are not absolute in all cases.
Where the GDPR applies, you also have the right to withdraw any consent you have given to uses of your personal data. If you wish to withdraw consent that you have previously provided to DevAndDev, you may do so via email to the relevant administrators. However, the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How to access, modify or update your information
DevAndDev gives you the ability to access, modify or update your personal data at any time. You may log in and make changes to your login information (change your password), your contact information, your general preferences and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us and describe the changes you want made to the personal data you have previously provided via email.
If you wish to remove your personal data from DevAndDev, you may contact us via email and request that we remove this information from the relevant DevAndDev Account System.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about any of these practices or DevAndDev's use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to resolve any concerns you may have about this Policy.
This is version 1.1. Last updated on 6 July, 2020.